The beats behind the song~
* I put together this slideshow back in June, a grateful collage of photos from our vacation in Florida and other end of school year days.
* I first heard the song Firework back in January and had goosebumps galore (‘geese’bumps according to Eric kasi marami) because of the words of encouragement (“You don’t have to feel like a waste of space, You’re original, cannot be replaced, If you only knew what the future holds, After a hurricane comes a rainbow…” Amen!) and that video!
* This was the last song added to my last concerts’ repertoire. According to Direk Rey, we needed a fast song and this was the first and only one that came to mind. It turned out to be the favorite of so many. Jawaid loved it so much he listened to it all the way home from KCCC and the week that followed. Emma, too! (Katy Perry who??? :*) Although the tweens of Josie and Bong, Marikit and Julia caught on the wrong lyrics to which Bong said “Give her a break. She only learned the song this week!” Thanks, Dad!)
* My favorite line in the song has got to be this:
Maybe you’re reason why all the doors are closed
So you could open one that leads you to the perfect road
Like a lightning bolt, your heart will blow
And when it’s time, you’ll know…
And I know YOU know.
* The month of June was a month of performances for me, three! One for the Fiesta in Brampton, the second in KCCC and the third in downtown for GMA 7’s Pinoy Independence Day Celebration in the Toronto Convention Center. It was such a thrill to be singing/performing again. But I must admit the most ‘kilig’ part was when those kids came up to me backstage to get to sign their little autograph books. Thanks for recording the moment on your iPhone, Toddster!
Happy Weekend, my friend!